How to Get a Thai Educational Visa

What do I have to do to get an Educational Visa (Non-immigrant ED Visa) for Thailand?

Thai Education Visa If  you are already in Thailand:

  • Bring us your passport with at least 2-3 weeks remaining on your passport stamp.
  • Complete the visa application at our office.
  • Provide us with 6 visa or passport photos 4 x 6 cm.
  • We will receive a letter from the Ministry of Education within 2 to 3 weeks. You will need to come to the school and once you have received the letter you will need to leave the country and apply for the non-immigrant ED visa at any Thai embassy or consulate. After you are issued with your non-immigrant ED visa, you are free to return to Thailand. Or you can apply for the non-immigrant ED visa at  Chiang Rai immigration this way no need to get out Thailand.

If you are living outside Thailand:

  • Download the application forms from here; ED Visa Application Forms and complete the two forms.
  • Provide us with 6 visa or passport photos 4 x 6 cm.
  • Provide us a copy of every page in your passport.
  • Mail the completed forms, pictures and passport copies to us at the following address:

Easy Study Thai Chiang Rai School
1014/1 Jetyord Road
T. Wiang A. Muang
Chiang Rai 57000

  • We will receive the acceptance letter from The Ministry of Education within 2 to 3 weeks and will forward it to you. You need to take or send this letter and apply for the non-immigrant ED visa at a Thai embassy or consulate.  We recommend that you contact the embassy or consulate beforehand to confirm their specific requirements and whether you can apply by mail.

What does it cost for an Educational Visa (Non-immigrant ED Visa) and how do I extend it?

  • Tuition Fee 19,950 Baht or 37,500 Baht: Tuition for our course is 19,950 Baht (200 hours) or 37,500 Baht (400 hours) of tuition eligibility for the ED Visa.
  • Application fee 2,000 Baht (estimated): This fee is paid directly to the Chiang Rai immigration or consulate or embassy and is typically 2,000 Baht (this may vary depending local policies).
  • Visa Extension 1,900 Baht every 90 days: To keep your visa current you must go to Chiang Rai immigration every 90 days and pay them a 1,900 baht along with visa extension application.                                           Please note this can be done at Chinag Rai immigration 
  •  All Students enrolled at EasyStudyThai  for Private Lessons, One Month Course, or Full Year course  are eligible, Thai Bank Account and Thai Drivers license.